Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I, for one, can't wait.



...but I'll have to, at least until Christmas day, for the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I am a hardcore Sherlock Holmes enthusiast already (the lit, of course, and also the old BBC show starring Jeremy Brett = perfection), and I love it when my very favorite things are thrown into the spotlight for everyone to enjoy. However, I have a bit of a complaint already. That gravely voice you hear at the beginning of this trailer? That's Mark Strong, a British character actor you might not know by name, and who absolutely should have been cast in the lead of this movie. tHe would have made the best Sherlock Holmes ever--maybe even giving the Jeremy Brett incarnation a run for his money.

(You've probably seen Mark Strong before, and often: Stardust, RocknRolla, Body of Lies, to name a few. And, yes, I'm a little bit in love with him. What?)

1 comment:

  1. I still have misgivings about all the ass kicking that appears to take place in this movie. Never read the books but Holmes of my head does not equal muscled and studly bad ass.

    ReplyDelete