Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lesson time.


Have you seen Obsessive Consumption? Brilliant blog (& now a book) detailing one woman's "battle" with consumerism. Kate Bingaman-Burt draws what she buys and posts it on her blog. It's visually interesting, but it also makes you think twice before you grab a bunch of crap off the check-out aisle at Target. Consumerism is a pretty complex and interesting topic, and I really like her approach.

I also really like Annie Leonard's "The Story of Stuff," a blunt but fun look at the problems related to consumerism. Here, now, the latest in the series: a look at the front-running "solution" to the climate change problem. I just wanted to share!


1 comment:

  1. With my mad amount of deliveries today, I feel a bit over consumptive ---- but that doesn't stop me from pondering bright pillows and an essential new coffee table.

    ReplyDelete